Consistently ranked as one of Russia’s top universities, the Higher School of Economics is a leader in Russian education and one of the preeminent economics and social sciences universities in Eastern Europe and Eurasia.
Our students come from all over the world to study in English or Russian in Bachelor’s, Master’s, doctoral, and non-degree programmes. Education at HSE combines a strong theoretical foundation with valuable practice-based experience.
If the application is considered to be outstanding by the application committee, the applicant will be recommended for a scholarship. Winners of various student competitions may also receive full-tuition scholarships. Please note that scholarships cover only the cost of tuition and that all other costs (including accommodation at HSE dormitories) must be covered by the student. Information about the estimated cost of living can be found on the official website.
HSE also offers a wide range of tuition fee scholarship to international applicants who are not eligible for Russian government scholarships.
Full-tuition scholarships are available for the following Master’s programs:
- Applied and Interdisciplinary History: Usable Pasts
- Applied Social Psychology
- Big Data Systems
- Business and Politics in Modern Asia
- Cognitive Sciences and Technologies: From Neuron to Cognition
- Comparative Politics of Eurasia
- Comparative Social Research
- Data Science
- Financial Economics
- Governance of Science, Technology, and Innovation
- Linguistic Theory and Language Description
- Management and Analytics for Business
- Political Analysis and Public Policy
- Politics. Economics. Philosophy
- Population and Development
- Socioeconomic and Political Development of Modern Asia
- Statistical Learning Theory
- Strategic Corporate Finance
- System and Software Engineering