15 December 2018
Dell EMC Graduation Project Competition
Dell EMC has launched the annual graduation project competition for senior undergraduate students from universities in Turkey, Middle East and Africa who are enrolled in the Dell EMC External research and Academic Alliance Program. The competition is intended to spark the creativity of students for their graduation projects to play an active role in the Transformation of IT and get the opportunity to shine and win prizes.
Students are invited to submit their project abstracts in areas related to the advancement of technology and applications related to the following focus areas:
- Cloud Computing
- Big Data
- High-Performance Computing (HPC)
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Artificial intelligence (AI)
- Virtual and Augmented Reality (VAR)
- Secure Systems
EGYPT, SYRIA, IRAQ, PALESTINE, JORDAN, LEBANON, TUNISIA, ALGERIA, MOROCCO, SUDAN, LIBYA, SAUDI ARABIA, EMIRATES, KUWAIT, QATAR, BAHRAIN, OMAN, SOMALIA, DJIBOUTI, MAURITANIA, TURKEY, IRAN, CYPRUS, COMOROS, & OTHER COUNTRIES ARE NOT FROM THE MIDDLE EAST AND NORTH AFRICA.
- Project Abstract Submission – 1st November till 15th of December 2018
- Announcement of Shortlisted Projects 20th February 2019
- Project Design Layout Submission 06th of April 2019
- Final Project Submission 25 July 2019
- The Winners Announcement – 4th September 2019
Eligibility Requirements (Criteria)
- Students who wish to participate should be in their senior year and should be enrolled in any of the Dell EMC External Research and Academic Alliance Institutions in Turkey, the Middle East and Africa
- Students should have a faculty member as their supervisor
- Students should be non-governmental employees and full-time university students
- Authenticity of the information provided by the students should be validated by the head of his or her department
- Students should be listed only in one project
- All communication between Dell EMC and the project team will be done through the project academic advisor and the designated team leader
- Each competing team should consist of a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 6 members. One of the team members should be selected as a team leader with the following responsibilities
- The originality and novelty of the ideas is the core of our competition and one of the important pillars. Plagiarism which is taking someone else’s work or ideas and passing them off as one’s own is against the ethics of our competition. Copying substantial or core material from work published by others may lead to the disqualification of a project. Please make sure that you refrain -as much as possible- from copying text, code, drawings and graphics from other publications, whether the copy is exact or done with very minor modifications. If you have to copy definitions, illustrations, and/or statements given in textbooks or published papers, please clearly refer to the original source of such material and list it properly in the “references” section of your report. Copied material-even when properly referenced- is not expected to exceed 20% of your report. Failure to do so may, unfortunately, jeopardize your chances in this competition.
- Team Leader duties:
- Act as the sole contact point between the student team and the DellEMC team for the Envision the Future competition
- Play the role of “Project Manager”, as defined in the professional literature and refined by the team
- Lead the team to set up –and implement- communication mechanisms that ensure complete and transparent exchange of information
- Coordinate team meetings and schedules
- Make sure that team members communicate with each other as scheduled and in a professional, and well-documented way
- Lead the team to set up –and implement- proper and effective mechanisms for conflict avoidance and resolution
- Monitor and document the progress of the project
- Make sure that project activities are conducted –and the deliverables are submitted- in accordance with the project plan and in full compliance with the instructions of the academic advisor
- Work with enthusiasm, motivate team members, and keep high morale and work ethics
Winners of the competition will receive cash prizes as below:
- First place will receive a cash prize of $5,000
- Second place will receive a cash prize of $4,000
- Third place winner will receive a cash prize of $3,000
- All the team will get recognition certificates for their achievement.
- Become a major contributor to the advancement of Cloud, Big Data, High-Performance Computing, IOT, AR, VR and Information Security
- Take part and transform your ideas into potential business opportunities
- Network, learn and prepare for the next big step in your career
How to Apply
First Step: Create an account and you will be automatically directed to the application page.
Second Step: Fill in all the mandatory fields about you and the team.
Third Step: Answer all the 10 questions in the application.
Fourth step: In addition to answering the questions, you need to upload your submission (projects abstracts) in PDF format. The pdf document should carry the signatures of both your faculty advisor and the head of your department. It should ideally be stamped by the university. The content should be exactly the same as the one you will submit in the fields below (copy and paste the questions in this form to MS Word or any editor of your choice and write the exact answers you submit here on that document then print the document and let the Department Head sign it + stamp from the university). This document acts as a validation for the information you are submitting.
For any enquires please send on this email- EnvisiontheFuture@emc.com
Know more about this opportunity: